Friday 8 January 2010

KattyCat & the invisible mouse.

There's a mouse under the floorboards.
I can hear it.
I can smell it.
I can almost see it moving.
I know my humans think i'm being silly, staring at the floor for hours, ears pointing towards a spot then another.
But let me tell you, after over a year of silent and perpetual watching, i caught a mouse. That was a couple of months ago.
A wee black mouse.
The silly thing didn't survive the encounter, so i've been told. It seems that real mice are more fragile than toy mice... oh well, how was i to know ?? It was my first ever catch !
And ever since, i've been even more vigilant.
I know there's another mouse.
Just under my nose, below the floorboards.
I'll wait for you Mouse, i'll never stop my watch.
One day, yes one day, i'll get you.
(or your sister)
(or your friend)
(or just your tail)
.

No comments: