Tuesday 2 February 2010

KattyCat, neighbourhood watching.

I got this for Christmas.
A bird feeder.
You see, i live on the 3rd floor, so i can see the birds nesting in the trees, or feeding from the backgarden. But they don't come near me.
Oh, i'm not shortsighted - i can observe quite well from my high tower.
Still, birds just behind my window, i have to say that my humans had a brilliant idea there.
So far, not so much has happened - the grand-parents spotted a couple of blue tits when they slept in MY playroom the other week, but i haven't been that lucky.
But i'm waiting.
It's been snowing again, they're bound to want my food.
They're bound to come to me.
In the meantime, a squirrel is building a nest in the big tree, and it's quite a thrill.
Seriously, i love day-time TV.
.

4 comments:

I am Harvey. said...

Your very own bird feeder to watch! That is so special. You have your family very well trained to your needs and pleasures KC. I wonder what you will think of next?
Love,
Harvey.

KattyCat said...

Harvey, do you know how to attract birds to my birdfeeder ?
So far, it's not a popular spot amongst the neighbour-birds. I wonder whether me sitting behind the window is perceived as a threat ?? I need to add different sorts of food as well - but i'm new at feeding birds. I usually just want to EAT birds !!

George Online Cat said...

My human just leaves birdfood on the windowsill. Yours is better because it is higher up.
George

KattyCat said...

Well, yet the birds don't seem so interested so far - i wonder if they are a very stupid species - or if it's just something about Edinburgh's birds being already well fed by the neighbours. It's all rather annoying though !